15 GOOD STUDY HABITS TO PICK UP NOW
Make The Grades You Want!
As much as you may wish you could look at a book and instantly remember everything in it, there is no substitute for studying! If you want to make good grades, you have to put in the study time. Everyone has their own unique way of learning, but this top 15 list of good study habits can help you get off to a good start. Feel free to make changes based on your individual needs!
- Study every day.
- Create a quiet place at home to study.
- Turn off the phone, TV, and other devices that may disturb you when studying.
- Listen to soft music or other white noise.
- Study in a way that suits your learning style.
- Take regular breaks, like 5 minutes every half hour.
- Study early (don't wait until the last minute).
- Study the hardest things first and then move on to easier ones.
- Spend the most time on things that you find most difficult.
- Ask for help if you are struggling with something.
- Take notes as you study, using your own words to simplify complex concepts.
- Organize your notes in a notebook or folder.
- Look at your notes on a regular basis.
- Quiz yourself about what you just studied.
- Give yourself a pat on the back after a good study session.